Tuesday, March 8, 2011

NY Redistricting Reform

I wish I could say that the hypocrisy w/n the NY State's legislature surprises me but it doesn't. The latest case in point, redistricting.

The Senate Democrats ran & won on a reform platform that included redistricting reform in 2008 but never got around to it. Senate Republican, then in the minority, in a rush to embarrass the opposition signed Ed Koch's NY Uprising pledge that addresses this very issue.

My how Fortuna is fickle!

W/ the 2010 elections, their positions are reversed. Senate Republicans are the ones stalling on redistricting reform & the Senate Democrats are the ones rushing to embarrass the opposition.

This would almost be comical if the consequences weren't so important to our democracy.


**********
In other news...
**********



This is Nicole, doing a helluva balancing act wearing heels. We were shooting in a place we probably shouldn't have been but thankfully went off w/o a hitch.

Photobucket

Feel free to comment away if you so desire.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha.. I Love you! Lets shoot soon, Seeing im out of work with this whole Blood clot. I miss you Boo!! :]

Uhm.. "My how Fortuna is fickle!" ??
What does that meeean!! lol

semi234 said...

"My how Fortuna is fickle!" What does that meeean!!

Its a Roman saying. Fortuna is the Roman goddess of fortune or luck.