Monday, June 13, 2011

Wasted Votes

I have to chuckle.

A friend of mine is complaining about NY's Governor Cuomo's plan for a property tax cap, "reneging" on school aid, & his pro business position at the expense of the unions. These are all positions Candidate Cuomo campaigned for during the recent 2010 gubernatorial election.

Yet the friend still voted for him because "the other guy," Carl Paladino, "was a whacko."

I'm sorry. Though I love him, I have little to no sympathy for the friend. Cuomo made no secret as to what he wanted to do, yet he still voted for him.

An argument I've heard against voting for 3rd parties like Greens, Conservatives, Libertarian, & what-have you, is that its a "wasted" vote. Yet I ask, how is it any more of a waste, voting for a candidate whose beliefs one does not share?

I think that kind of voting is MORE of a waste because the candidate will take those election results as proof of "the will of the electorate", pushing through that agenda.


**********
In other news...
**********



This here is Cassie, during this past Autumn.

Photobucket

Feel free & comment away on any part of this if you so desire.

1 comment:

Citizen Nancy said...

I like this post. I was accused many times of 'Wasting' my vote when I voted for Nader. I didn't waste it, thats the guy I wanted to be President. It's the assholes who wanted to vote for Nader but chickened out and voted for Al Gore who wasted their vote.