Monday, April 22, 2019

Older Generation with the Younger Generation with Gabrielle

1. I'm currently selling my work. If anything particular shot, any model, or any set interests you, please email me here. Just tell me what interests you & I'll see what I can do. I try to work within people's budgets but I'm also not going to like give them away for pennies on the US dollar.

2. I was visiting Gabrielle's family homestead & just so happened to have the extended family over. I decided I wanted a generational shot with her & her grandma but grandma however was NOT into the portrait thing.

I had to be sneaky.

I carefully arranged Grandma & Gabrielle into my camera frame while I tested my lighting setup. It wasn't very long before Grandma figured out what was happening & moved to another chair foiling the rest of my plans.

There were things that I would have changed IF I had the luxury of 2 willing participants but I'm still happy enough in capturing this Older Generation with the Younger Generation moment. I'm not one of those artists who needs my work to be pristine perfect if the vibe I'm going for speaks to me & I think its working enough here.

Despite the subterfuge, I'd do this sorta thing again. The methods would not be my first choice but sometimes there are things my subjects will not appreciate til long afterwards. This was one of those situations.


3. I've disable comments because I was obsessing to much about whether anyone was moved enough to respond to my blog instead of focusing on the writing & sharing of my picture stories. That's it.

No comments: