Thursday, March 12, 2020

Shadow Lines with Naureen

1. I'm currently selling my work. If anything particular shot, any model, or any set interests you, please email me here. Just tell me what interests you & I'll see what I can do. I try to work within people's budgets but I'm also not going to like give them away for pennies on the US dollar.

2. This is Naureen.

I found her after she posted an online ad seeking a "real" photographer to shoot boudoir-type pics as a gift for a recent ex. It sounded like it was an amicable split, him moving across the country & her staying behind to finish law school...but I digress. I found the phrasing humorous but in an era where everyone has a camera & can call themselves a "professional," I get why. 

I emailed her back with several website links, giving samples of my work, met her criteria, & set something up.

I get there & do our shoot, doing a variety of sets. & come to find out later she was utterly astonished at how (& I quote), "here I was half-naked, hugging you, & flirting with you, & you were super professional. My (college) friends think I'm full of sh*t." My response was & I quote, "Sweetie, I'm Italian. We hug everyone." 

We had lovely little friendship but the distance, combined with us both being in college, combined with us being on very different life trajectories, it was simply not to be. 




3. I've disable comments because I was obsessing to much about whether anymore responded to my blog instead of focusing on writing & sharing my picture stories. 

No comments: