Friday, January 1, 2010

Artistic Kudos

Happy New Year, everyone! May 2010 be better than the previous year.

I'm normally reluctant to have people use my work used as reference or stock material because in all honesty, I view my work as finished product. Its an intrepretation of my vision. Even when looking at samples of a prospective artist's work, it can be kinda a mystery as to what the finished product will look like.

- Will it be trashy?
- Will there be actual effort put into it? (Sorry but a crop job & playing w/ the colors doesn't cut it.)
- Will they credit me & list their source material?
- Will the finished product be demeaning to my subjects themselves?

Its always kinda a crapshoot. So long as the prospective artist asks beforehand (instead of just assuming I've already given permission), I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

Bazzathe over on deviantART extended that courtesy. Since he took the 10 seconds it takes to fire off an email, I gave him the creative blessing.

This is the reference piece of Nancy & Nick he used:

Photobucket

Here is the artist's rendering in pastel:


Pastel Couple 1 by =bazzathe on deviantART

Feel free to comment, critique, opine, whatever is you so desire.

No comments: