Monday, February 15, 2010

the State Government We Deserve

I was struggling to come up w/ a topic to discuss in my latest blog.

NY Governor Paterson's rumored "shocking revelations" that were to appear in the NY Times, only they never materialized...but Planet Albany & MOFYC did a better job of it than me (& were quicker). The mid-Atlantic snowstorms were considered until I saw the following clip from the Daily Show:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Unusually Large Snowstorm
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis


The winner was this link provided initially by MOFYC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/2010/02/department-of-irony-1.html#more

I just find it ironic that a couple of lawmakers get into a fight about disciplinary action over a guy who was convicted of misdemeanor assault charges for assaulting his girlfriend. I'm not sure if that's referring to (Monserrate) slashing her face w/ a piece of glass or dragging her through a hotel lobby or both.

Its doubly ironic that State Senator Parker was one of only 8 senators who voted "no" for Monserrate's expulsion when he himself pled "not guilty" in a felony assault case working its way through the courts.

W/ low lives as our elected officials combined w/ the NY State Legislature having a higher incumbency rating than Communist China, maybe its the governing body we the voters deserve.

*sigh*

In other news...


This is Corey taken near one of my outdoor haunts sometime this past Fall.

Photobucket

Feel free to opine, critique, whatever. Just please leave at least a name so I can address you if I choose to reply.

No comments: