Monday, February 1, 2010

Relativity

This week has been blistering cold here in Northern NY. I could complain but then I remember that I've survived through 5 Potsdam winters & am reminded that I've had worse.

I had an outdoor shoot scheduled this weekend & had to cancel. I didn't even want to walk the 10-15 paces there was to warm up the car. Thankfully, the model had the "what were we thinking" line of thoughts that I was. So we rescheduled.

I think the same way during the summertime. Surviving through 2 Okinawa summers where the temperatures routinely reached 95 & 100 while it was so humid there was literally no difference between the sun & the shade certainly puts things into perspective. However I WILL complain about the rain if need be. That's my exception to the rule. :-)

I try & remember (in 99% of the situations I find myself in) that no matter how crappy I THINK my life is, there's always someone out there who is in a worse situation than me. I'm just thankful I'm not them. Yes, its quite gallows humorous but it works for me.

Everything is relative. Its like the therapist scene from Woody Allen's "Annie Hall." Woody & Diane are seeing their therapists (split screen). The therapists ask them both how often they have sex. Diane answer, "All the time like 3 times a week." While Woody replies, "Practically never, like 3 times a week."

Again, everything's relative. :-)

*sigh*

In other news, speaking of all things relative...


This here is Nancy.

The idea in my head was to messify her up because I'm always doing her "pretty" or "presentable". Wife-beater, fishnets, undies, boots were mentioned & left it at that w/ her to come up w/ the rest. She came out looking like she does below. It was NOT remotely what I had in my head but, considering everything is relative (particularly when said idea is vague to begin w/), it was still workable & admittedly, I liked it better than whatever I had in my head. Go figure.

Photobucket

Feel free to comment, opine, slam, whatever. Just leave a name so I know who I am addressing if need be.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I've lived in scalding hot and dry (Senegal), somewhat hot and suffocatingly humid (Guinea's capital) and Arctic (Potsdam). For me, the suffocating humidity was the worst. Walking around the block and being drenched in sweat like you just ran a marathon...

I don't mind the weather we're having now. Yes, it's been cold and I don't want to look at my National Greed bill. But it saves me on transport that I can still bike.